India has a total of 4 education policies to date. The first policy was formulated in 1968 and the second in 1986.
View complete answer
How many national policy of education are there in India?
National Education Policy 2020 – What is New Education Policy 2020? The Union Cabinet approved the National Education Policy (NEP) in July 2020. This policy will usher in sweeping changes to the education policy of the country, including a renaming of the Ministry of Human Resource Development as the Education Ministry.
- This article on education in India is aligned with the and is relevant for prelims and mains examination.
- Education and topics related to education in India are relevant for the and are often seen in the news and hence are important for the UPSC Mains.
- Aspirants can find notes for UPSC Mains General Studies topics from the links given at the end of the article.
Candidates must read about that has been launched as a part of New Education Policy 2020, in June 2021. The Union Cabinet has approved the new National Education Policy 2020 with an aim to introduce several changes in the Indian education system – from the school to the college level.
- Its aims at making “India a global knowledge superpower”.
- The Cabinet has also approved the renaming of the Ministry of Human Resource Development to the Ministry of Education.
- The New Education Policy cleared by the Cabinet is only the third major revamp of the framework of education in India since independence.
- The two earlier education policies were brought in 1968 and 1986.
- Aspirants should read about New Education Policy along with other education-related topics to holistically cover this article. Such similar articles are linked below:
- In this article, you will get the following facts about the new National Education Policy 2020 for the UPSC exam:
- National Education Policy 2020 UPSC Notes:-
What are the education policies in India?